Are you in a hurry? You just got in Rome for a quick business meeting? Are you headed to your mediterranean cruise and just passing by Rome? Are you leaving from Florence with a plane taking off from Fiumicino Rome airport? Actually you can avoid missing Rome anyway! Book your room in an hotel in Rome, lay back, relax and take just a couple of hours to walk through the following tour of Rome.
You can start your stroll in Trastevere, in the late fresher afternoon. Head towards Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere, a charming square with beautiful cafè’s and a fountain people from Rome use as a lounge to discuss about football, politics and jokes at.
Just next to Santa Maria you find Piazza San Callisto, the headquarter for alternative people of Trastevere, where you can buy and a drink a cheap Peroni beer.
After a brief visti to the small Museum of Rome, in Piazza Sant’Egidio, often offering astonishing photo exhibitions, enjoy the small streets walking towards Isola Tiberina.
While this small island is worth a visit in every moment of the year, it’s in summer that it gives us living in Rome the best times. A lot of pub set their spot on the river and it’s possible to sit on large carpets, sofas, big cushions and coloured pads to enjoy your drink – or even dinner – while staring at Rome from an unusual and less famous point of view. Wait for the night the come and, once ready to step out in the nightlife, walk your way to Campo de’ Fiori.
This square, dominated by the figure of the philosopher Giordano Bruno, burnt here by Inquisition tribunal for having his own ideas, is a keystone in roman people nightlife. That’s the reason why every pub crawling group includes this place in its route and enjoys drinking a lot in one of the pubs facing the square, like The Drunken ship and Sloppy Sam’s.
Next to Campo de’ Fiori, on your way back to cross the river towards Trastevere again, you should take the chance to see Palazzo Farnese, a prominent high renaissance palace, which currently houses the French Embassy in Italy, and Via Giulia, one of the most pleasant streets in Rome.
You see: this quick tour brings the whole charm of Rome into your eyes without requiring too much time and giving you the chance to live Rome as roman people do. Next time you’re in Rome, even one night only, book an accomodation in an hotel in Rome and have your perfect time in the Eternal City!
- The Ancient Modern Rome ... , but after your visit you can go further to Via dei Fori Imperiali â€“ a road rich in archaeological and historic attractions: the ancient market, Forum of...
- Travel Experiences and Tips: Rome in 3 Days – It Can Be Done! ... buying your vacations.com/>Italy vacation packages.
Start your Rome vacation bright and early, after enjoying some cappuccino and getting to the Colosseum by...
- How to make the most of a day in Rome, Italy – Part 2 ... summer months, the Papal Audience is held at the Pope's summer residence in Castelgandolfo, Italy (40 minutes drive outside Rome.)
Day Four. Galleria Borghese, Via Veneto
- Rental Flats In Rome: Vital Ingredients To A Roman Holiday ... leisure, and discover its charms at your own pace and in your own time.
Getting that Roman Holiday
If you plan to visit Rome, talk to your...
- Tips for visiting Rome – Part 2 ... make sure to flick a coin into the water to insure you return to the magical city!
It's hard to even turn around in Rome without gazing upon...