Spring vacation will soon be here and students have off a whole week, or maybe even two! What should they do? Where should they go? It is at least a whole seven days, time enough to check out a new destination!
Ski slopes will draw in those wanting to enjoy the last bit of winter fun and some of the finest are in Colorado. There is Breckenridge, Vail, and Aspen all surrounded by beautiful snow covered peaks with slopes of powdered snow. Wrap up warm, hop on a lift and then glide down to the lodge. At the lodge one can toast in front of a warm bar sipping drinks, Hot Chocolate is great for the younger students. If you are European, the Alps offer similar amenities!
And then there is the beach, with Florida, Southern California Hawaii or even Texas are all looking good at this time of year. Check out Deep Sea Fishing, ride the surf, or maybe just roast your skin in the sun relaxing on the sand. Also while in either Florida or California, you can pay a visit to Disney, it provides great entertainment for all ages. Portugal and Southern Spain are much nicer than the Mediterranean in early spring, but there is a Disney in Europe.
Then there are several large cities worth visiting for a few days; New York, Washington D.C., Charleston, S.C. or even Los Angeles. Europeans have an even wider range with London, Paris, Amsterdam, Rome and such. They have history, culture and museums. One can explore the past and see how “the greats” lived!
But both sides of the Atlantic can head even further south and visit a truly ideal location, the Eastern Caribbean. The smaller islands that make these destinations provide for a variety of entertainment. No snow, but fantastic hiking with mountains waiting to be discovered, dives amongst coral gardens and sponge forests through crystal clear waters. Naturalists still visit the island studying unique but safe ecosystems, mostly birds, butterflies, and rare plants.
Historians will think they have died during break and gone to heaven. Much of the past in the Caribbean is still alive! Alexander Hamilton was born here and Nelson not only fought Napoleon here, but fell in love and married a lady from Nevis. Spanish ships were attacked by Caribbean Pirates as they sailed through the region. Sugar mill ruins still dot the landscape with some being refurbished as rental homes.
Of course there places even further south than the Caribbean. There is “Darkest” Africa, Australia, and South America, plus Southeast Asia and the South Pacific. All are interesting places to explore, but will usually require more time and expense than the typical student has available during spring Break!
Spring Break vacation destinations; there is a lot to choose. Mountains or beaches, cities or country, or even out of your country, all are choices for Spring Break destination. The best place is what suits you the best, so choose carefully.
- Spring vacation destinations ... to the sunshine of summer. What better time of the year to blow the cobwebs of winter away than to go on a small spring vacation or holiday...
- Best vacation destinations ... Melbourne in Australia, Cape Town in South Africa and many others are excellent ideas.
I love a vacation in the mountains and Austria is my favourite...
- Cheap Vacation Spots ... , Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, and Philippines etc.
There are some other good options in form Japan and Hong Kong too. Now start planning where to visit in...
- Top Ten Choices for UK Residents Overseas Vacation Homes ... of some reasons of economic.
9. Bulgaria.Â Real estate is cheap in Bulgaria so UK residents find purchasing a vacation home in Bulgaria to make sense.
- Best vacation destinations – Part 1 ... best possible weather and seeing some of the greatest relics of times past? I'm not quite sure. How about a vacation to exotic places like Rome, Tuscany, Florence,...