Rome is considered by many to be the heart of Europe. This city was once the centre of the greatest empire the world has ever seen. Even today, remnants of that greatness are everywhere in Rome, with some of the most breathtaking art and architecture you will ever see. Rome was the home of the greatest artists and sculptors and even if you may have seen these pieces in books, there is nothing like seeing it for yourself up close and personal.
The biggest attraction in Rome is the Coliseum. This colossal structure still baffled engineers today as to how it was built using what we still think was primitive methods. However, the Roman Empire was centuries ahead of its time in terms of building structures, dams and canals which irrigated the fertile lands surrounding the capital.
Many organized tours start from the Coliseum and wind their way through the city, stopping at every breathtaking cathedral and museum. Rome is a city of immense culture and historical significance, so if you are at all interested in art and culture then Rome is one place you have to go.
On the other side of the spectrum, Rome is a modern city alive with dynamism and a great vibe. Rome is home to some of the best bars and nightclubs so if this is what you are looking for then you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for a place to stay, then look for a place within the main parts of the city. You will not struggle to find something to do just by stepping out of your hotel.
If hotel life is not what you are after then there are plenty of self-catering apartments and holiday rentals available. Hotel package tours will allow you to see most of Rome within a solid structure. This is a good way of ticking off all the places you will discuss at dinner parties. Holiday rentals will give you more freedom to explore on your own terms and you will more than likely stumble upon a few places that ordinarily you would not have been able to find.
Rome rarely experiences terrible weather but the best time for a visit is in summer. This, however, is the most expensive time to travel so booking in the milder off season may be better. The weather is still great and the city is not as full of bustling tourists. If you book early you should be able to get a place in the better hotels or in a self-catering apartment.
If you want to try something different, then you should try Rome. Hire a Vespa and head out to the countryside or flit around the narrow streets. Rome is a place that begs for adventure.
- Around Italy: Discover the Eternal City, Rome ... in an air-conditioned vehicle to the breathtaking sight where you can explore the area all by yourself.
Another relaxed tour outside of Rome is the Castelli Romani's...
- Finding your Way to History and Modernism With Rome Tours ... buy your souvenirs, keep in mind that the arcade has been around since the first century.
Castel Sant' Angelo
- Rome Experiencing The Culture First Hand ... you can see all the important parts of Rome. Most hotels will have shuttle pickup points and arranged tours to the main attractions, complete with air-conditioned bus, tour...
- Things To Do On Holiday In Italy ... couples on romantic short city breaks. They can choose to stay in a holiday cottage or a luxurious holiday villa with a swimming pool.
- Travel To Rome Italy ... of symbol of Rome and people who visited Rome but missed this attractions is considered as they have never visited to Rome. These attractions are Coliseum and the...